Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:39:59 -0600

JS wrote:
> Joe Corneli wrote:
> > From the tutorial (C-h T) -- which you should read all of --
>
> Its not quite what I meant. I know its possible to change a buffer by C-x b
> <name of buffer> RET.
>
> But I don't think its very efficient that I need to type the buffers name
> (enventhough I can use TAB to auto complete).
>
> It takes less time just to hold down ctrl and left mouse button at the same
> time and then choose the buffer from that menu.
>
> What I thought of was something like using Alt-Tab to shift between windows,
> where a menu pops up and you the find the buffer you need by repeately
> pressing Tab while holding down Alt.

Try `C-x C-b' (M-x list-buffers).

Try `M-x electric-buffer-list', which I like enough to override that key
binding: (global-set-key "\C-x\C-b" 'electric-buffer-list) ; was list-buffers

Try `C-x b ?', but with TAB and M-TAB bound to cycle through the
completions: http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/minibuffer-complete-cycle.el

--
Kevin Rodgers