Re: font for dired mode?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: font for dired mode?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:29:56 -0500

   Hi,

   I'm trying to set a different font for the dired mode. I would like to
   make everything appear in "fontset-monaco12". I've tried setting the
   faces (like dired-header), but that didn't work at all.

Hm... Did you customize the faces, or just mess around with them by
hand?  You should be able to type M-x customize-face with point on a
string exhibiting the face you'd like to change, then change it, then
have your life be improved.  Otherwise, I would suggest M-x doctor (or
M-x report-emacs-bug if you feel you need to talk to a human about
things).