Re: (no subject)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:01:47 +0300

> Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:37:11 +0800
> From: smartlitchi@gmail.com
>
> a question is the indent style of emacs default is just like
> public void helloWorld()
> {
>   if(today.weather == find)
>     {
>       System.out.println("oh~ a fine day~");
>     }
> }
> but actually the style I expect is
> public void helloWorld()
> {
>   if(today.weather == find)
>   {
>     System.out.println("oh~ a fine day~");
>   }
> }
> you may notice that the position of { } of the if loop has been changed
> to be accord with that if statement, seems this is the recommand code
> style of Sun's documentation
> but I can't find how to change emacs's default indent style to this

It's in the docs.  Launch Emacs, then type the following key sequence:

  C-h i d m CC mode RET g Interactive Customization RET

You will be presented with a section that walks you thru interactive
customization procedure of the indentation engine.  Once you found the
changes you want, read the next section, "Permanent Customization",
which will tell you how to record your changes in your ~/.emacs file.