Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:23:54 +0200

JS <d44sf@44ada.com> writes:

> Mathias Dahl wrote:
>
>> JS <d44sf@44ada.com> writes:
>>
>>> As I wrote before my setnu.el mode is working so I compared the
>>> permissions with that for tabbar and they are the same.
>>>
>>> So its in my load path and the permissions should be ok...what could
>>> else be the problem?
>>
>> That sounds really strange... Anyway, you could load it more directly,
>> like this in your .emacs:
>>
>>  (load-file "/home/js/mylispfile.el")
>

> It keeps getting wierder and wierder. I have now writtin this in my .emacs
> file:
>
> (load-fileĀ "/home/johs/sml-mode/swbuff.el")
            ^ non-breakable space

> (require 'swbuff)
> (global-set-key '[C-tab]   'swbuff-switch-to-next-buffer)
>
> I get this error when I restart emacs:
>
> An error has occurred while loading `/home/johs/.emacs':
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: load-fileĀ
                                                 ^non-breakable space

Why don't you get yourself a reasonable Newsreader instead of this
Knode crap?  If you are using Emacs anyway, Gnus is an obvious choice.

You can't cut&paste from Knode windows: it will deliver crap for
spaces and possibly also hyphens.  So don't copy&paste: type the stuff
carefully new.