Re: how to change default indent style of java source files

From: litchi
Subject: Re: how to change default indent style of java source files
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:24:56 +0800

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 12:36:34PM -0400, Greg Rowe wrote:
> litchi wrote:
>
> >a question is the indent style of emacs default is just like
> >public void helloWorld()
> >{
> >  if(today.weather == find)
> >    {
> >      System.out.println("oh~ a fine day~");
> >    }
> >}
> >but actually the style I expect is
> >public void helloWorld()
> >{
> >  if(today.weather == find)
> >  {
> >    System.out.println("oh~ a fine day~");
> >  }
> >}
>
> That's odd.  The default coding style when I'm in java mode in emacs is
> the 'java' coding style which matches the style you are looking for.
>
> Anyhow, to change your coding style you can execute "C-c ." while emacs
> is running.  Hit TAB to view a list of styles.  When you find the one
> you want put the following in your .emacs:
>
> (add-hook 'java-mode (lambda ()
>       (c-set-style "java"))
>
> Of course, replace "java" with the style you like best.
>
> But, if you are in java mode then your default style ought to be what
> you desire anyhow.  Are you sure you don't have a mismatched paren or
> brace that might trip up the indentation scheme?
>
> Greg

But it seems doesn't work on my system
when I press C-c following by .
emacs says C-c . is undefined
I guess C-c is a personal function prefix
so maybe you bonding your own function to C-c .

Best regards
Litchi from China~~~

--
It takes a strong man to save himself, and a great man to save another.
IBM ThinkPad T23 hiweed0.6