Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:04:31 +1000

JS <d44sf@44ada.com> writes:

> Tim X wrote:
>

>> check your load-path variable is correct. C-h load-path <ret>
>> check you have the correct read mode/permissions on the file
>>
>> Tim
>

> When I press C-h I just get a *Help* buffer and I cannot type anything.

Should have been C-h v load-path <ret>

and BTW, stop trying to cut corners - read the bloody manual and stop
trying to work it out with such a hit and miss approach. You are just
adding bits and pieces without any evidence you are making the
slightest effort to understand what you are doing.

For example, when you hit C-h, a message appears in the mini-buffer
instructing you to hit ? for more information. Did you try doing that?
It doesn't appear so because if you had, you would have recieved a
whole menu of options of how you can get help - including a
description of the 'v' option, which is what you needed.

Tim

--
Tim Cross