Re: aspell and special characters

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: aspell and special characters
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:57:21 +0200

Am 23.04.2005 um 13:24 schrieb Sebastian Schubert:

Only aspell isn't working in emacs. So there is no need of setting LANG
somewhere, isn't it? If it was still necessary, do I have to put it
into .Xressources?

LANG and LC_CTYPE belong into your run-time environment, something the shell will reveal upon invoking env or printenv. These environment variables are set in your shell's rc file.

aspell is also known as american spell - guess why! ispell is more international and the best since 25 years.

Besides this: ä = C3 A4 = "ä" - so there was an UTF-8 output made but not correctly recognized. You can check yourself with C-u C-x = on the characters in question ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
(Blaise Pascal)