tramp en/decoding

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: tramp en/decoding
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:27:53 -0500

Hello,

I've encountered problems with tramp (2.0.48) encoding or decoding in my
GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2005-03-17 on trouble, modified by Debian. I sometimes use tramp to edit
some files as root by using /su::/path/to/file. When I do that, some
"garbage" characters get automatically inserted and (in some cases) text
around those characters also get modified. Gnus doesn't let me send an
example of the results, as it warns there are "non-printable characters"
and the message wouldn't be sent if they're kept.

I have also not set any of the encoding variables explicitly myself and I
can't find anything in the manual that could help me here.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated,
--
Sebastian P. Luque