Re: setup folder for C-x C-f

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: setup folder for C-x C-f
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:48:39 +0200

Am 26.04.2005 um 17:37 schrieb gooliver:

When I use the C-x C-f for to search/create a file, Emacs search in the
folder emacs/bin.

How to customize this folder?

Usually GNU Emacs tries to open a file from your "current working" directory. This can be the file's directory that is already loaded into that buffer, the real current working directory in the shell buffer ... After launch it's either $HOME or the directory out of which you launched Emacs from a shell.

You seem to come from MS Windows. Could be it's worth setting $HOME, or %HOME. I remember that for me it always started with C:.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped. - Groucho Marx