Re: [ELISP] Detect focus on emacs.

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [ELISP] Detect focus on emacs.
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:08:45 +0200

Mathias Dahl <brakjoller.rem0veth1s@gmail.com> writes:

> Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> writes:
>
>> Am 27.04.2005 um 12:10 schrieb Micha:
>>
>>>     No idea or workaround guys ?
>>>

>> XFocusChangeEvent(3)? XmImSetFocusValues(3)? XmProcessTraversal(3)?
>
> My guess is that Micha wanted to do this from elisp. The above seems
> to be... something else... :)
>
> I would like to have this too. For example, I think jabber-activity.el
> could make use of it. Right, Magnus?

    That's  exactly my  point,  as  I'm developing  an  IM client  for
  another protocol.

    The aim  is to allow  the user to  be warned with  a `xmessage(1)'
  that some message arrived, but only if Emacs doesn't have the focus.

    And  I really  don't want  to add  an extra  executable  file that
  tells, with X functions, if it's the case :-/

--
   Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha                   *       +    - - --.
|      -Epita 2007 - Ing 1 - CSI-  @ r   '@'      *****     O `@       |