Re: emacs and desktop-read

From: FCC
Subject: Re: emacs and desktop-read
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:52:39 +0200

Peter Dyballa articulated on 04/28/05 21:52:

>Am 28.04.2005 um 18:03 schrieb FCC:
>

>Read that file and notice the entries that are different from either
>
>the Windows XP or the debian perspective. The cure: either delete those
>
>(and make them never to appear again) or unify the view from both OS'
>
>to the fat disk.
>

>--
>Greetings
>
>   Pete

Thanks for answering. On Debian, I create the ~/.emacs.desktop from
scratch by first opening the 3 files, all of which are located on the
shared FAT32 drive, and then using (desktop-save). But if I close all
these buffers, and do a (desktop-read), then it fails:
Desktop: 0 buffers restored, 3 failed to restore.
If I restart emacs, then the first file listed in the .emacs.desktop is
restored, the others are not:
Desktop: 1 buffer restored, 2 failed to restore.
I have not checked if this desktop file will work from WinXP. But even
if it works, it does not work from Debian, which I use more often than
WinXP.

Thanks,

--
FCC.

===
One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations,
whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect
on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the
consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire
year.
-Albert Einstein