Re: beginner el form

From: Adam
Subject: Re: beginner el form
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:47:43 -0400

Yep. This originally was for an Elisp novice, to start putting together
components that could be cut+yanked and evaluated in part - in the one
buffer. Eventually "putting it all together" into the final form.

As a novice - a little trial and error goes in to auditioning the various
functions. And much lookup in the Lisp manual. So, variously-working forms
sit side-by-side with better working ones, as we scratch our head and try
again.

If anyone has any better suggestions, for a novice tinkering away, they
would be welcome.  Gleaning meaningful info from the debugger would seem to
be a candidate for a newbie lesson.

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> Alan Wehmann <wehmann@fnal.gov> writes:
>
>> You should have a *scratch* buffer automatically present.
>> That is in the proper mode.
>
> another way is to explictly create one:
>
> C-x b hack RET
> M-x lisp-interaction-mode RET
>
> for example, below is some code that bundles this approach
> in a convenient (and sometimes cathartic ;-) command.

[ ... ]