Re: beginner el form

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: beginner el form
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:39:26 -0500

I (independently) wrote something called scrat.el that does
essentially what Thi's suggested code does, but just a little
different. (Its useful, but a little revision is pending to make it
more useful.)  Why blather about it?  To show you that this is a
pretty "universal" approach.

I don't have any "better suggestions" than tinkering with your code,
but one additional suggestion is the trace mechanism, which can be a
useful supplement to edebug.  I've recently found it helpful to trace
all the functions in a buffer (see trace-all.el).  I guess this also
implies the standard "break your functions up into smaller functions."