Re: beginner el form

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: beginner el form
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:37:33 +1000

Adam <nospam@example.com> writes:

> Thi, I think I agree.
>
> As an elisp novice, I'm dropping into it from time to time, and making
> progress with the elisp manual and introduction. Am spending most of my
> other time calling cmucl as a listener with c-x l and c-x c-e. The cmucl
> documentation is good, so am having fun.
>
> The elisp and emacs learning curves are both steady, seems no way around
> that but for further quiet clicking away and reading. Or probably getting
> serious about a bigger but finite application. I know that I'm not getting
> any younger, so whether crazyness or crankiness manifests itself
> first . . .
>
> Meantime I'm happy with emacs and cmucl, and am starting to "get" elisp. So
> thanks to all here on this rather civilized newsgroup.

If your interested in Lisp as well as elisp, then you should also
check out SLIME, which I find to be a great lisp mode for emacs. Also,
for a good introductory book on Lisp, I'd highly recommend Practical
common Lisp by Peter Siebel. You can purchase the book, but its also
on-line at http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/

Tim
--
Tim Cross