quail input method for wubizixing (chinese-wubi.el?)

From: ytrewq1
Subject: quail input method for wubizixing (chinese-wubi.el?)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 10:31:19 +0000 (UTC)

I've been looking for a way to input Simplified Chinese into Emacs using
the Wubizixing method but I haven't located anything appropriate in my
local Emacs (I'm using a relatively recent CVS version for Mac OS X).

I found an implementation at:

http://daiyuwen.freeshell.org/gb/wubi/wubi.html (GPL?)

but it appears to do more than I need and since the code felt a bit messy
to me, I stripped it down to its bare essentials.  I'm not sure where the
table data came from [1] so I'm uncertain as to the redistributability of
the original and/or modified code.

On a related note, I've located some seemingly usable table data in the
cxterm and the xsim projects:

http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/cxterm/cxterm/dict/gb/WuBi.tit?rev=1.3&view=log
http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/xsim/xsim/plugins/IMs/wubi/dict/words/

I'm thinking about writing some code to translate one of the tables (or
perhaps do both and merge them) for use in an appropriate quail input
method.  However, before I decide whether to proceed, I'd like to know
if there's a wubi input method scheduled to be included in Emacs (or if
there's one there already that I've missed).  Does anyone here know?

Cheers

[1] I got the feeling from the first couple of paragraphs of the web
page that the author got table data from cxterm, but I'm not confident
about this interpretation of the text.