Re: beginner el form

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: beginner el form
Date: 03 May 2005 12:09:15 +0100

  Adam> As an elisp novice, I'm dropping into it from time to time,
  Adam> and making progress with the elisp manual and introduction. Am
  Adam> spending most of my other time calling cmucl as a listener
  Adam> with c-x l and c-x c-e. The cmucl documentation is good, so am
  Adam> having fun.

My advice is learn to use the debugger (edebug) straight away if you
have not already done so. I normally write lisp into a .el file,
evaluating and debugging as I go. The use of edebug is great and saves
an awful lot of test evaluation, as you can generally see what is
wrong pretty quickly.

Cheers

Phil