Re: Detect focus on emacs.

From: rgb
Subject: Re: Detect focus on emacs.
Date: 3 May 2005 09:57:05 -0700

Mathias Dahl wrote:
> "rgb" <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:
>
> >>     The aim  is to allow  the user to  be warned with  a
> > `xmessage(1)'
> >>   that some message arrived, but only if Emacs doesn't have the
> > focus.
> >>

> > Any frame of Emacs or some particular frame?
>
> My guess is the frame with a buffer where a new IM message is
> displayed.

That was my thought too but the requirements, as stated,
would be so much easier to implement.
Personally I think that if one were to go thru the trouble
of implementing a solution it should just provide a hook
that is called upon loosing focus and another upon getting
focus.  Some hook code could then maintain a focus flag but
I'm sure more cool & useful stuff would spring from the
hook than the flag.