Re: One handed Emacs

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: One handed Emacs
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:20:47 +0200

"rgb" <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:

> A co-worker of mine is disabled and only has use of
> his right hand.  He's never used any advanced editor
> so isn't already biased towards any keyboard layout
> beyond basic qwerty.  Has anyone developed an Emacs
> layout more convenient to learn.
> The standard layout has most of the most heavily
> used chords on the left hand which would make
> learning Emacs quite difficult.
> If it makes a difference, this is on a Windows system
> and I believe he does not use the stickey keys feature.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to use a non standard keyboard.

http://www.aboutonehandtyping.com/onehandtypingalternatives.html

http://www.tifaq.org/keyboards/chording-keyboards.html
http://www.infogrip.com/

http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/myway/keyboard/keyboard/intro-one-handed.htm
http://edgarmatias.com/papers/hci96/

Nobody can fix the economy.  Nobody can be trusted with their finger
on the button.  Nobody's perfect.  VOTE FOR NOBODY.