Re: C-xC-b creates ~/.saves-[0-9]*-localhost.localdomain - how to turn i

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: C-xC-b creates ~/.saves-[0-9]*-localhost.localdomain - how to turn it off?
Date: 06 May 2005 21:30:45 -0700

s> I've finally figured out what's creating these things, and now I'd
s> like to learn what I have to do to make emacs stop creating them.  I
s> already have all the anti-backup commands I can think of in my
s> ~/.emacs (eg.):

s>    (setq make-backup-files nil)

s> but I must be missing something.  Any ideas anyone?  What else is
s> there?  Thanks.

Those are not backup files, but auto-save files (actually lists of
auto-save files).  Does that help to solve the problem?

I think they should normally be deleted once you exit emacs.  Do you
exit in some unusual way, like breaking your telnet/ssh session
without shutting down Emacs?

--
Optimist: We're only two weeks behind schedule.
Pessimist: The schedule is a whole two weeks ahead of us.