Setting (site) defaults for customization options?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Setting (site) defaults for customization options?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:18:58 +0100

Hi,

how do I set different defaults in a site init file for things like blink-cursor-mode? I want the end-user to be able to change the setting and use "Save Options" to save them to .emacs.

Right now, I can set blink-cursor-mode, but it isn't saved to .emacs because it is not different from the default. I tried (setq-default blink-cursor-mode t) - to no avail.

Is this a bug, or what am I doing wrong? (I also tried (put 'blink- cursor-mode 'standard-value t)).

Thanks for your help.