Re: desktop and encodings

From: Mads Jensen
Subject: Re: desktop and encodings
Date: 21 May 2005 20:33:33 +0200

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
> (setq desktop-locals-to-save
>        (cons 'buffer-file-coding-system desktop-locals-to-save))

This leaves me with one major problem, though. I occassionally use the
Danish special characters æ, ø and å (ae, oe and aa, if they come out as
weird symbols) in unicode, and when I then open emacs, they come out
incorrectly, so I sometimes have to spend some time replacing those
symbols into the right characters, if I briefly forgot about the bug and
saved the file.

I use emacs GNU Emacs 21.3.2 on Slackware 10.1 with the default LANG=
variables set to "en_US" in /etc/profile.d/lang.sh

I'd be very happy if anyone has a solution to this problem.
--
Mads Jensen - mail sent to address ends in /dev/null
              s/spam/madsj for emailing me

                -- Wernher von Braun