How to paste (yank) "raw text"

From: Moritz Kerbel
Subject: How to paste (yank) "raw text"
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:48:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

My problem: If I cut and paste for example an info
heading into an other buffer the layout information
(font size, font weight etc.) plus invisible text (if
you cut it from the beginning to the very end) is
pasted into the buffer if you type C-y;

   Does there exist a raw yank version that only
pastes the raw text (or maybe a raw copy version).
Mabe an "intelligent" yank would be great: If you yank
into a buffer with the same (major) mode as the
original buffer yank the text, if you yank into a
buffer with another mode only yank the raw text
(string) ... on the other hand there are situations
where a major mode is only valid for a region of a
buffer (multiple major modes) ... just pondering the
possiblities.

Thanks for you help

Moritz

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de