Re: Linux version of emacs on WinXP??

From: don provan
Subject: Re: Linux version of emacs on WinXP??
Date: 22 May 2005 14:45:18 -0700

"JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes:
> > > I have tried to install the emacs version for windows but it sucks.
> > > I would like to install the real linux version of emacs on winXP, is
> > > that possible?
> I have tried that version but it is far form the GNU version

I think you must be confused about what "the GNU version" really is.
The Emacs for windows as well as the cygwin version are, for practical
purposes, indistinguishable from the Emacs that runs on Linux. Perhaps
you're seeing a difference caused by the display system -- a different
font or something perhaps? -- or you're comparing Emacs to XEmacs or
an old version of Emacs to a new version or something like that. Maybe
you have a .emacs file on Linux, and you haven't copied it to windows
so your environment hasn't been personalize in the same way?

If you perhaps told us a little about why you are dissatified, someone
could help you out better.
-don