Re: Emacs 21 and w3 on Debian

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 and w3 on Debian
Date: 23 May 2005 08:27:02 +1000

Thierry Emery <see.sig@spamfoil.invalid> writes:

> Tim X <timx@spamto.devnul.com> writes:
>
> > It seems that
> > there is a problem with relative links within w3 and I wanted to know
> > if anyone else has seen this and possibly has a solution.
>
> I have never experienced such a problem ; do you have an example
> that is accessible on internet ?

Well, it seems pretty much any page with a relative link which is not
relative to the document root of the server. An example is

http://www.une.edu.au/itd/index.html

If you try to follow the "About ITD" link on that page, instead of
getting

http://www.une.edu.au/itd/about/index.html

I get

http://www.une.edu.au/about/index.html

which doesn't work (obviously).

I will check the page for incorrect HTML - however, the above pages
work with every other browser I've tried - w3m, firefox, opera, IE.

> A wild guess: is there an erroneous
> <base href="http://www.some.host/index.html";>
> in http://www.some.host/dir/index.html ?

Will check, but doubt its a page specific problem as all other
browsers are dealing with this page (and other) fine. Note that w3
under xemcas also works fine.

Tim
--
Tim Cross