Re: Case sensitive regexp

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Case sensitive regexp
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:18:32 -0600

Neon Absentius wrote:
how can I make sure that the regular expressions are case sensitive?
By looking at the manual I thought that if the expression contains a capital letter then it automatically is case sensitive.

I think that is true when the regexp is entered interactively, e.g.
with C-s.

However
evaluating (looking-at "A") when the point is before an "a" returns true.

Try (let ((case-fold-search nil)) (looking-at "A"))

--
Kevin Rodgers