Following links from help buffers - how to modify?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Following links from help buffers - how to modify?
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:00:54 +0100

Hi,

I've advised my switch-to-buffer to open buffers in new frames in order to take advantage of my native window manager.

Turns out that this doesn't work at all for links to source code in help mode. When a link to a source definition is clicked in a help buffer (suppose you have done C-h f <function>), the source file opens in SOME other window - probably the one that the help buffer was called from.

Now I don't like that at all, and I've gone through the sources to find out how a link is followed, but I'm still clueless.

Why doesn't link-following go through  switch-to-buffer-other-window?

Thanks for your advice on what to advise here :)

-- D