Re: "Easy" Windows Emacs

From: Shug Boabby
Subject: Re: "Easy" Windows Emacs
Date: 4 Jun 2005 14:26:50 -0700

> Ok, but emacs add-on don't need a different distribution: just put the
> *.el in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-li sp/ or even in ~/emacs/
> You don't need an administrator to do it, a mere _emacs_ user can do that.

the spell checker needs aspell/ispell/spell to be installed. last time
i checked, Mr Gates wasn't distributing that with XP.

also, AucTeX isn't as simple as putting some .el files into a folder...
its a configure/make install procedure. that needs a POSIX shell.

so... my request is really not as stupid as you make it out to be!

(technical note... on WINDOWS, not UNIX-like systems, so no /usr/local.
but i could instruct her to install .el files the drag and drop way if
the adons really were just a single .el file.)