What determines the available font sizes?

From: Chris Page
Subject: What determines the available font sizes?
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:19:33 GMT

What determines which font sizes are available to emacs? Is there some
finite set of sizes it supports?

I'd like to use Monaco 11 on Mac OS X, but I can only seem to get 10 and
12 pt sizes. If I define a fontset for Monaco 11, or customize a face to
use "monaco" "110", it gets displayed the same as 10 or 12. There
doesn't seem to be a way to access Monaco at 11 pts.

--
Chris Page - Software Wrangler - Dylan Pundit

 Open Source Dylan Compilers: <http://www.gwydiondylan.org/>
              Dylan Blogging: <http://homepage.mac.com/chrispage/iblog/>
                 Dylan Stuff: <http://cafepress.com/chrispage>