Re: "Easy" Windows Emacs

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: Re: "Easy" Windows Emacs
Date: 06 Jun 2005 09:00:31 +0200

"Shug Boabby" <Shug.Boabby@gmail.com> writes:

> i'd thought maybe someone had compiled GNU Emacs CVS for windows and
> ispell and added a bunch of useful packages (like AucTeX) and set them

The packed emacs on
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Software/DNA/emacs21.3-setup.exe is an
attempt of doing this.

It is however only a snapshot of what I had installed, meaning no
ispell, but auctex and a customized site-start.el and _emacs according
to Claus Dethlefsens instructions. It was fairly easy to do with inno
setup but I am working an a way to switch to make addon packages for
Rex Dieters emacs setup on
http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter1/Software/Windows/.

I think the xml-msi way of wix http://sourceforge.net/projects/wix/
is very attractive and I plan to make packages of what you
want. However, I am quite sure that someone else will have it running
earlier than me...

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be/be.html