C-x C-f in two frames -> "user minibuffer while in minibuffer": Bug?

From: David Reitter
Subject: C-x C-f in two frames -> "user minibuffer while in minibuffer": Bug?
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:18:03 +0100

I don't know if this is a bug or not, so I'll post it here:

If I open a second frame, then do C-x C-f in one of them and press tab so that the window is split and I get a *Completions* buffer in one frame, and when I then select the second frame and do a C-x C-f there, I don't get another *Completions* buffer there, but an error message that appears in the first frame:

"Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer"

This happens with standard settings, on the GNU/Linux port as well as on Carbon, no matter what display-buffer-reuse-frames is.

Is that a bug?