Re: Problems with Emacs CVS Head in MacOS (Carbon)

From: Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões
Subject: Re: Problems with Emacs CVS Head in MacOS (Carbon)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:26:21 +0100

Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 16.06.2005 um 11:41 schrieb Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões:

The default font used is too small. When I try to change the font used, or if I try to change its size I loose extended ascii characters (like 'ç' or 'ã'). They appear as a small rectangle/box.

Anybody has any idea why this happens?

The default font comes from the bitmap etl font family (GNU Intlfonts); it has obviously some very good support built into Emacs. When you're going to use any of the Mac fonts you should use MacRoman encoding in your text files. Every non-Mac encoding (non-MacGreek, MacJapanese, MacChinese, MacKorean, MacCyrillic ...) is not really supported in Carbon Emacs -- the legacy of QuickDraw!

Do you know how to create your own fontsets in Carbon Emacs?

No. Is there any way where I can find a howto or tutorial?

Thanks,
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal