ffap and windows drive letters

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: ffap and windows drive letters
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:10:57 -0700

How can I get ffap to work with paths containing windows drive letters? Say I've got this path to an existing file in an emacs buffer

  d:\work\com\auto.cpp

If I put the cursor in the middle of "work" and type M-x ffap, the minibuffer will contain

  d:\work

rather than the full path to the file. If I put the cursor in the middle of "auto.cpp," the minibuffer will contain

  d:\

It looks to me like the function ffap-guesser in ffap.el needs to be fixed but I'm not sharp enough on elisp to do it.

Thanks,

Scott