Re: generate methods body (.cpp) from header (.hh)

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: generate methods body (.cpp) from header (.hh)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:34:59 -0400

I've been contemplating the code-generation problem for a long time.
The cedet site has a very old program I wrote called cparse that
generates code in C from definitions.

Additionally, semantic already has a couple routines that generates
prototypes and such in the semantic-format library.

I am generally uninterested in writing a C++ only tool, though I
usually prototype stuff for C/C++ first.  I do have a new code
generation module I've been working on to do just this sort of thing.
I just happen to be a bit busy these days and haven't had time to get
it working enough to provide a beta, and it does indeed generate
method bodies from class templates... well, it would if I had time to
get rid of the bugs that is.

Eric