mouse pointer size

From: Peyton Bland
Subject: mouse pointer size
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:26:18 -0400

Hi,

I/m running emacs 21.3.1 under RH linux.  I'd like to reduce the size
of the mouse pointer image.  Just to be sure that I'm using the right
term, by this I mean the image (or glyph?) that is displayed on the
screen when the mouse is moved over different parts of the emacs frame:
an arrow pointing to the 11:00 position when over a scroll bar, a
vertical bar with curly things at the top and bottom when over the text
window that I'm editing, a hand with extended index finger when over
the speedbar, etc., etc.  As it is, these shapes are twice the
character height -- way too big -- so I'd like to reduce them to half
their height.  I've looked at the docs on
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/elisp-manual but couldn't see how to
make the changes I want.  There was a mention of lisp/term/x-win.el
(our distro has the compiled version x-win.elc), but -- again -- I
don't know what to do with it.  I'd appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks,
Peyton Bland
Univ. of Michigan