Re: Mark multiple points

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Mark multiple points
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:23:54 -0400

In article <1120704987.179223.105070@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "mirror" <googleartist@yahoo.com> wrote:

> C-x / and C-x j does good work for many individual markers, naming with
> characters.
>
> I am looking for pushing the markers into stack. So, I can go forward
> or backward, without naming with characters.

That's what C-Space does normally.

C-SPC runs the command set-mark-command
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'.
It is bound to C-@, C-SPC.
(set-mark-command ARG)

Set mark at where point is, or jump to mark.
With no prefix argument, set mark, and push old mark position on local
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
mark ring; also push mark on global mark ring if last mark was set in
another buffer.  Immediately repeating the command activates
`transient-mark-mode' temporarily.

With argument, e.g. C-u C-@, jump to mark, and pop a new position
for mark off the local mark ring (this does not affect the global
mark ring).  Use C-x C-@ to jump to a mark off the global
mark ring (see `pop-global-mark').

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu