Re: home and end not working Debian Sarge

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: home and end not working Debian Sarge
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:59:29 +0200

Am 12.07.2005 um 14:57 schrieb Angelina Carlton:

The Sarge box has no X installed, I ssh into it. On the command line,
outside emacs, C-v(home) C-v(end) both produce ^[[7~^[[8~ on both
computers so it seems my terminals are set up properly.

I think you should make Emacs to load "vt220" or whatever emulation is active when in some terminal (or window-system is nil).

Look into /usr/local/share/emacs/<version>/lisp/term/vt100.el and then /usr/local/share/emacs/<version>/lisp/term/lk201.el how they translate multi-byte sequences like ^[[7~ or \e[7~ to something useful like home or end. If not (I just looked into lk201.el) just add it into your VT or terminal specific file. Copy one of them to a new file name according to the terminal (or emulation) type and then add your unknown keys there!

--
Greetings

  Pete

One doesn't expect governments to obey the law because of some
higher moral development.  One expects them to obey the law because
they know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged.
                                                 --Michael Shirley