Re: find-file, default path

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: find-file, default path
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:40:07 -0600

Jan Guido Donath wrote:
> is it possible to pass find-file a default path?
> i do have all my files in a certain directory, but find-file aka C-x C-f
> always starts where the emacs bins are located.

No, find-file always prompts with the current directory.  When you have
visited one of the files in your certain directory, it will prompt with
that directory.

If typing that directory name even once is too much, try setting an
environment variable to it so you can reference it: C-x C-f $CERTAIN_DIR <tab>

Or try putting this in your ~/.emacs file: (cd "/path/to/a/certain/directory")

--
Kevin Rodgers