Re: Hi all

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Hi all
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:57:09 +0200

Am 21.07.2005 um 14:24 schrieb Sergio Dominguez:

I have a first question to the list :) I would like emacs to start directly in line number 8, but I really don't manage to do it, and I"ve googled intensenly for it. Can someone give me a hint?

What version of GNU Emacs are you using on which platform?

My GNU Emacs 21.2 on Mac OS X explains to me:

        Action options:

        FILE                    visit FILE using find-file
+LINE FILE visit FILE using find-file, then go to line LINE +LINE:COLUMN FILE visit FILE using find-file, then go to line LINE,
                                    column COLUMN

And your version can't do that?! (Have you tried vi before? Vi works in a similiar way.)

--
Greetings

  Pete