Re: Using ange-ftp with a @ in the login...

From: rgb
Subject: Re: Using ange-ftp with a @ in the login...
Date: 21 Jul 2005 15:56:17 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > is there a way to use ange-ftp when there is (unfortunately) a @ in the
> > login-name ?
>
> Have you tried the obvious /foo@bar@host:... ?
>
> > Btw, i tried using .netrc but since i'm using ntemacs i just don't know
> > where to put the .netrc file in windows.
>
> I'd guess ~/.netrc is the place, if there's one.

It is the right place but there was a bug in Tramp preventing
it from being found under certain circumstances.  I reported it
and got a fix a couple days ago.  I imagine CVS should have the
fix shortly if it's not there already.  Using .netrc or maybe
(ange-ftp-set-user machine login) or such are the only ways
to access using an ID containing @.  The regexp that detects
remote file names obviously parses
/protocol:id@sys@system:/path
as
protocol id       sys@system /path
rather than
protocol id@sys   system     /path

I guess that's another bug but I'll leave the reporting to
someone who can actually test any fix that might come out.