Re: Hi all

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Hi all
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:28:15 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

There might be different opinions on that. I do not think it covers
what most users would want in a good way. You can indeed use the
information that is there to start Emacs and go to a specific line in
a specific file.

And that was what the original poster asked for.  So what are the
"different opinions on that" supposed to be?
Every question needs an interpretetion before you can answer it adequately. But I really do not want to discuss this.

        emacsclient {[+LINE[COLUMN]] FILENAME}...
Thanks. I should have known. I have actually used it but it was long ago (with gnuclient).