vi-mode problem with emacs upgrade

From: Peter Spiro
Subject: vi-mode problem with emacs upgrade
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:26:58 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know of vi-mode configurations that must
be done when upgrading to a new emacs version?

My recent upgrade from emacs 20.7.1 to 21.3.2 seems to
have disabled dabbrev-expand in the minibuffer in
vi-mode.

The '/' key takes me to minibuffer search as before,
but typing a few characters, e.g. 'foo', and hitting
M-/ produces the error message:
"No dynamic expansion for '/foo' found"
rather than expanding the word, even though an
expansion is clearly available.

(Not sure if the problem is that for some reason the
'/' character is included in the search phrase.  I get
the same error even when the text contains a string
like '/foo...'.)

Peter Spiro

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs