Re: vi-mode problem with emacs upgrade

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: vi-mode problem with emacs upgrade
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:46:53 +0200

Peter Spiro wrote:

Does anyone know of vi-mode configurations that must
be done when upgrading to a new emacs version?
My recent upgrade from emacs 20.7.1 to 21.3.2 seems to
have disabled dabbrev-expand in the minibuffer in
vi-mode.

The '/' key takes me to minibuffer search as before,
but typing a few characters, e.g. 'foo', and hitting
M-/ produces the error message: "No dynamic expansion for '/foo' found"
rather than expanding the word, even though an
expansion is clearly available.
I do not know anything specific since I do not use either vi mode or dabbrev-expand. I an addition I seldom use 21.3.2 now, I use the CVS Emacs.

However have you tested viper mode? This is a newer vi emulator. Maybe chances are better that the problem does not exist there?