color theme in windows emacs

From: renwei
Subject: color theme in windows emacs
Date: 28 Jul 2005 18:57:17 -0700

Hi, i am using emacs 21.3 on a windows xp system. I installed the color
theme package (which is color-theme.el) and it doesn't seem to be
working completely. once i have selected a theme, the background,
scrolls and cursors all change color, but all my of text is always of
the same color - i tested it on .java files and .tex files, and i was
expecting to see my keywords being highlighted in different colors--
but it's not working.
what did I do wrong? thanks for the help in advance.