Re: Documentation

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:18:28 +0200

Sean Sieger wrote:

How does this,

,----[ C-h k C-x o ]
| C-x o runs the command other-window
| (other-window ARG &optional ALL-FRAMES)
|    which is an interactive built-in function.
| | Select the ARG'th different window on this frame.
| All windows on current frame are arranged in a cyclic order.
| This command selects the window ARG steps away in that order.
| A negative ARG moves in the opposite order.  If the optional second
| argument ALL_FRAMES is non-nil, cycle through all frames.
`----

come about? That is, how do you insert documentation into a message
(or anywhere else), if that is indeed what has been done when I see this
format in a message?
You really already know. Use C-h k C-h k to find out ;-)

Then just follow the links in the help buffer and find out for yourself. If you are using the current Emacs version (21.3) on MS Windows the links does not work if you use the mouse but they do if you use the keyboard. (Or at least they do not use if you click with the left mouse button.)