Re: Font and Window Size in emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Font and Window Size in emacs
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:00:54 +0200

Am 01.08.2005 um 17:54 schrieb Joe Hesse:

Do I have to do all of the above just to get 14 pt font instead of the
default 12 pt?

No, of course not. But it's so rare that one size fits all wants ... and it's just some practise with replace-string or replace-regexp ...

Also, I created a .Xdefaults file and put in:
Emacs*geometry 1280x1024
It didn't work for me.

The syntax says that between key and value there has to be a colon, and, to be exact, this colon has to touch the key. And then you need to feed the database with the new setting. So you either need to invoke xrdb or you need to log-off and log-in again ...

Spend some time with 'man X' and 'man xrdb', best in Emacs.

Could be that the most correct X ressource setting is:

Emacs*geometry: 1280x1024+0+0

--
Greetings

  Pete

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
                                                          -- Rich Cook