Re: New balance-windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: New balance-windows
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:14:35 +0200

Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

Is the problem really that welldefined in Emacs? Do you know how the
windows have been splitted? The difference above may perhaps be seen
as emerging from that difficulty?

Indeed, but the data is available at least internally, so it should be
easy to patch emacs to publish window parameters like it's done for
frame parameters for example.

File: elisp,  Node: Window Internals
Thanks, I did not know this was available. Then the windows in each frame can be seen as a tree using those fields you mentioned. But what should then be done with this? What should the mapping between this tree and the visual view be? It looks to me that the level in the tree alone will not give any useful hint. The topology (ie whether the splitting was horizontal or vertical) must be taken into account, but maybe the level in the tree can be used too? It actually looks a bit difficult...