Re: global key not binding

From: Baloff
Subject: Re: global key not binding
Date: 11 Aug 2005 07:13:14 +1000

> Am 10.08.2005 um 10:15 schrieb Baloff:
>
> > $info gcc puts out the info pages.
> > but in emacs C-h i m gcc does not show anything about gcc.
> > any problem I need to fix to see the info for gcc.
> >

> Emacs needs the dir directory files in the info directories to know
> what info files exist there.

Thanks

I fond some info about how to fix my problem but needing some help in
implementing the solution.
I don't have INFOPATH in my $env output.
my paths.el is there but I don't understand it much.

I need to add this (/var/lib/dpkg/info/) to the list in the variable
(Info-directory-list)

C-h v Info-directory-list list does not have it, so I think I have to
add it.
how should I do it?

thanks