Re: customizing double click

From: Rajneesh Hegde
Subject: Re: customizing double click
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:52:55 -0400

> When I rebind [double-down-mouse-1] to my
> function, it gets executed on a double click (from the double-down
> event) but the subsequent double-mouse-1 (click) event doesn't have
> its usual selection effect.

ok, I've resolved this issue:
(defun my-LaTeX-forward-search (event)
 "Set point to the position of the mouse pointer and then call the
function TeX-view from AucTeX."
 (interactive "e")
 (if (and (numberp (posn-point (event-start event)))
            (looking-at "\\W"))
            (TeX-view)
      (mouse-drag-region event)))

i.e. if the click is on a word-constituent character, call
mouse-drag-region with this event (i.e. the double-down event). I'm
not sure why this should work though, as I didn't figure out the code
for mouse-drag-region.