Re: editing html - auto insert end tags

From: chris
Subject: Re: editing html - auto insert end tags
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:47:20 GMT

Dave Humphries wrote:
I don't know of any auto-insert-end-tags function for any mode, however
nxml-mode (for editing xhtml) does have a key sequence  C-cf for
entering closing tags and I would be surprised if the standard or
psgml-mode didn't have something similar.

Will try nxml mode.

Tried www.emacswiki.org ?

Yep. An old linux distribution had a html mode configured to do this, but it was years ago. At the time it really annoyed me, but now I use other programming modes which do similar things and htmls the odd one out.

Dave