Re: tramp 2.1.3 compile funkiness

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp 2.1.3 compile funkiness
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:13:14 +0200

zl <gebser@speakeasy.net> writes:

> Hey, group,

Hi,

> Just yesterday compiled tramp.  Got a bunch of errors during the
> compile-- see session copy below.  And I've tried all kinds of syntax

As Peter already wrote, this are warnings only. Nasty (we should
decrease the noise in make), but nothing serious AFAICS.

> and can't get a tramp connection (though I can ssh just fine).

Here we would need more details. Which filename syntax did you apply
(example)?  Are there error messages, or just a hanging Emacs?

If you believe you did everything right, you could submit a bug report
with "M-x tramp-submit-bug". It will contain more information for
analysis.

> TIA for making my life worth living again... or just getting this
> working for me.

Best regards, Michael.